You will find the Liontemple Simhachalam in the heart of the Bavarian Forest in Jandelsbrunn in the village Zielberg (Caution: Zielberg is a separate village and lies outside of Jandelsbrunn, actually between Jandelsbrunn and Neureichenau). We are at the border triangle, ca. 10km linear distance to Austria and the Czech Republic.
GPS Codes: 48°44’34.7″N 13°42’23.1″E
|Autobahn A3 Deggendorf-Passau: Exit Aicha vorm Wald and proceed on B12 to Freyung/Waldkirchen/Jandelsbrunn/Knaus-Fabrik-Zielberg: Google Map
Autobahn A3 Linz-Passau and proceed on B12 to Freyung/Waldkirchen/Jandelsbrunn/Knaus-Fabrik-Zielberg: Google Map
Just before entering Jandelsbrunn turn left towards KNAUS factory (sign Lion Temple Simhachalam on the left). Follow the sign “Zielberg” (turn right towards Knaus factory and continue along the factory towards Zielberg). Drive through Zielberg till the small bus hut. Here you turn right towards our farm (there is a road sign “Löwentempel Simhachalam” on the left side of the road).
On the premises
After passing the first parking lot, on the left wall you will find the map of the property. On the left there is a temple building. Drive around and behind it to come in front of the guest house. You can park directly in front of the guest house. There is a bell outside the guest house so you can use it upon your arrival. There is also a light switch on the guest house for the gangway light in the guest house.
Train and Bus
|Here you have several options:
1. Our recommendation: train to Passau central station (distance to Lion Temple 40km). Schedules on www.bahn.de
2. With long distance bus to Passau train station (distance to Lion Temple 40km). Schedules on www.flixbus.de
From Passau train station you can take public transport (bus 100 and tourist train Ilztalbahn) first to Waldkirchen Niederbayern (arriving 10km to Lion Temple) and then to Jandelsbrunn. We can also arrange Taxi service for you.
Please be aware that there are limited bus connections on the weekend, especially on Sunday and during holidays.
3. Here the options for public transport from Passau train station:
a) Bus Passau-Waldkirchen. Line No. 100 Passau-Grafenau. It starts from the platform Bussteig 9. The company will be Prager or Brunnhölzl. Your destination is Waldkirchen Busbahnhof (10km from the Lion Temple). From there you can go with option b) or we can also arrange Taxi service for you.
b) Bus Waldkirchen-Jandelsbrunn – Waldkirchen to Jandelsbrunn Post (arriving 3km and 40 minutes walk to the Lion Temple). Please reserve your taxi pick up in advance on +49-(0)8583-9198285.
Time tables for buses Passau-Waldkirchen-Jandelsbrunn.
c) With the Ilztalbahn (Schedule) from Passau train station to Waldkirchen Bahnhof train station (trip around 1 h 15 min, arriving 10km to Lion Temple). Runs on all Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from May till October. Tickets sold in the train. From Waldkirchen you can take the bus to Jandelsbrunn (mostly available 5 min after the train arrival, trip of 15 min). http://ilztalbahn.eu/fahrplaene/passau-freyung.html
4. From Linz to the Austrian/German border: with the bus from Linz Hbf (Bus terminal) or Linz Chemiepark Bahnhstation (St.-Peter-Straße) direction “Schwarzenberg am Böhmerwald Ortsmitte”. Trip of around 1.5 hours, arriving 15 km to Lion Temple. Schedule at http://www.oebb.at/
5. From Prague with train to Nove Udoli and Czech/German border (some 5 hours trip, arriving 16 km to Lion Temple). From the border you will have to walk some 30 min. to the bus stop in Haidmühle and then proceed with the Bus to Jandelsbrunn (30 minutes trip, arriving 3km to Lion Temple). Schedules at: www.bahn.de or www.rbo.de
|1. Airport München/Munich – Most airlines fly to Munich and we recommend this airport. With public transport you will need some 5 hours to reach Lion Temple. From the airport you can take the train to Passau (we recommend buying Bayernticket: price from 23 € but only valid from 9 AM on weekdays and 6 AM on weekends). See above for Train and Bus description or visit www.bahn.de
We can also arrange Taxi service for you.2. Airport Memmingen – for Ryan Air and Easy Jet. You will need at least 5 hours to reach Lion Temple by public transport. We cannot provide pick up from the airport. See above for Train and Bus description or visit www.bahn.de
3. Airport Linz with Ryanair: it is the closest airport to Lion Temple with a distance of 90km and mostly the cheapest tickets from UK. Public transportation: bus towards Austrian border, town Schwarzenberg am Böhmerwald Ortsmitte (trip around 1.5h, arriving 15km from Lion Temple). Schedule at http://www.oebb.at/
4. Airport Salzburg with Easy Jet: Then proceed with the train to Passau (we recommend buying Bayernticket. Price from 23 € but only valid from 9 AM on weekdays and 6 AM on weekends). Schedule at http://www.oebb.at/
5. Airport Prague, Czech Republic – often you can find quite cheap offers for long distance flights. From Prague with the train to Nove Udoli and the Czech/German border (some 5 hours trip, arriving 16 km to Lion Temple). From the border you will have to walk some 30 min. to the bus stop in Haidmühle and then proceed with the Bus to Jandelsbrunn (30 minutes trip, arriving 3km to Lion Temple). Schedules at: